A special fundraiser, “Battle at the Fairground” will be held at the Clarke County Fairgrounds in Berryville, VA on Sunday, August 26, 2012 to support the Wounded Warrior Project. Admission at the gate for adults is $20 and children (ages 6 to 13) $5.00. One hundred percent of profits will go to the Wounded Warrior project. No outside food and drink allowed. Food will be sold by the Berryville Veterans of Foreign Wars.
WHAT: A variety of events will be held during the day to include:
- Sanctioned MMA cage fight
- Ring Girl contest
- Ring guy contest
- Car show
- Bike show
- Photo shoot
- Bachelor / bachelorette auction
- Live auction
- Silent auction
- Kids area
WHEN: Gates open to the public at 9 a.m. Check in time for car/bike show participants is 8 a.m.
WHERE: Clarke County Fairgrounds, 890 West Main Street Berryville, VA 22611
NEEDED: donated items for the auctions are welcome. Please contact Tricia Nalls at 540-532-6913 if you have an item or monetary donation.
- Sanctioned MMA cage fight : Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full contact combat sport that allows the use of both striking and grappling techniques, both standing and on the ground, from a variety of other combat sports.
- Ring Girl contest: A contest similar to a beauty contest
- Ring guy contest: A contest similar to a female beauty contest
- Car show: Cars from all years’ makes and models are able to come and be shown to be judged
- Bike show: Motorcycles from all year make and models are able to be judged
- Photo shoot: Contestants of the car / bike show can have photos taken for a donation. Or the public may have photos taken with the contest winners or fight winners for a donation
- bachelor / bachelorette auction singles 18 years of age and up will be auctioned off to the crowd and then will be sent on a date that will be arranged at a later time.
- Live auction: all items are donated
- Silent auction: all items are donated
- Kids area: activities for children (parents will be expected to supervise their own children)