VDOT will be working in the following areas during the week of 8/1/2011 – 8/ 5/2011. Please use caution when traveling in these areas.
* Route 50 – Mowing behind guardrail in Berryville area.
* Route 340 – Mowing behind guardrail in Berryville area.
* Route 723 – Asphalt overlay, line painting and shoulder work from Route 340 to Frederick/Clarke County line. Flagger traffic control, Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Estimated completion is mid August.
* THIS ROAD IS NOW OPEN – Route 723 (East Main Street), eastbound – Bridge deck replacement and footer repairs 1.30 miles east of Route 340. Road closed beginning 6 a.m. on July 11. Suggested detour: Eastbound traffic use Route 340 (North Greenway Avenue) north to Route 255 (Bishop Meade Road) south to Route 723. Westbound traffic use Route 255 north to Route 340 (South Greenway Avenue) south to Route 723. Estimated completion is early August.
* (NEW) Various roads – Scraping and brush cutting.