Bakers prepare! There are two new baking contests at the Fair this year. One is sponsored by Red Star Yeast for a Loaf of Bread (baked with Red Star Yeast). The other is sponsored by King Arthur Flour for 3 Frosted Cupcakes. For complete rules & entry information, visit www.clarkecountyfair.org, click on “Contests”.
Rules are as follows:
Red Star Yeast Bread Contest
1st 2nd 3rd
79. Yeast Bread, 1 Standard Loaf . . . . . . . .3.00 2.00 1.00
Red Star Yeast will provide RED STAR merchandise award items to the top 3 winners
1. Open to any individual who is a resident of Clarke County or one of the five adjoining counties; one entry per person
2. Entry must be made from scratch (no mixes)
3. Red Star Yeast must be used and listed in the recipe. Must provide empty yeast packet.
4. Entire entry must be submitted on cardboard/disposable container for judging
5. Recipe listing the ingredients, preparation, instructions and recipe author name must be included with the entry, printed on one side of the page. Include name, address and phone number on the back side of the page.
King Arthur Flour Baking Contest
King Arthur Flour is looking for your best and most delicious frosted cupcake. Be sure and make them from scratch- no cake mixes or prepared frostings allowed. Creativity is strongly encouraged so get baking with King
Arthur Flour and you could be the blue ribbon winner!
80. Frosted Cupcakes (3)
1st place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue
3rd place: Baker’s Companion Cookbook
*Each winner will receive a beautiful ribbon
1. Cupcakes must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No cake mixes or prepared frostings. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores
2. Open to any individual who is a resident of Clarke County or one of the five adjoining counties; one entry per person.
3. This is an adult competition. Contestants under 18 will be judged as an adult.
4. Contestants may submit more than one type of cupcake, but only one entry per participant can win.
5. Entries that need refrigeration will not be accepted (for example, no cream cheese frostings).
6. Entrant must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she brings the prepared entry to the contest at the fair.
7. All entries must be submitted on a disposable container for judging.
8. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include pan size, cooking temperature, number of servings and any
other pertinent information.
9 Type or legibly write recipe on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with name, address, daytime and evening phone number, email address if available, in the upper right hand corner. Entries must be legible and include a
phone number or they will be disqualified. Recipes will become property of the Clarke County Fair and King Arthur Flour, which reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use for publicity, promotion
or advertising without compensation.
10. Fair committee selects judges; judges’ decisions are final. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
a. Flavor 50 points
b. Overall Appearance or creativity 25 points
c. Texture 25 points
TOTAL 100 points
King Arthur Flour is widely available in local grocery stores.For product information, recipe ideas, and store locations go to:www.kingarthurflour.com