Johnson-Williams Cougar wrestlers beat Frederick County Middle School by a score of 49 to 39 in their opening match in Frederick County last night. Colton Botts, Shaun Hite, Brian Wallace, and Clayton Murphy all had pins in their matches. Bayne Gordon, Chase Irvin, Joey Mainello, Andrew DeSantis, and Daniel Newberry all had forfeits. Bayne Gordon had a forfeit in the line-up but got the quickest pin of the night when he scored a 20 second fall while wrestling up three weigh classes in an exhibition match.
Upcoming Cougar Wrestling Matches:
- 11-21 JWMS @ Aylor Middle
- 11-22 – Warren Co. @ JWMS
- 11-29 – JWMS @ Daniel Morgan
- 12-3- Warren County Tournament
- 12-6 – JWMS @ Warren Co.
- 12-7 – Daniel Morgan @ JWMS
- 12-13 – JWMS @ Admiral Byrd
- 12-15 – Warren Co. @ JWMS
- 12-17 – Harpers Ferry Quad Match
- 1-10 – JWMS @ Daniel Morgan
- 1-24- JWMS @ Warren County–Skyline High School
- 1-26 NVJL @ Daniel Morgan
All matches start at 5pm