Middletown, VA – Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is seeking submissions for an essay contest and the College’s “Walking King’s Talk” Award in conjunction with LFCC’s Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, which will be held on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 12 noon in the Corron Community Development Center on the Middletown Campus. The deadline for the contest and the award nomination is Wednesday, January 11th at noon.
Following is detailed information about the contest and award nomination process:
“Walking King’s Talk” Award – LFCC is accepting nominations for the ninth annual “Walking King’s Talk” Award. To be eligible for the award, a nominee must make a significant contribution to the enhancement of human rights, civil rights, social action and civility. Nominees must:
- Be a resident of the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah or Warren, or the city of Winchester;
- Be actively involved in improving human relations in his/her community;
- Exemplify the “peaceful” philosophy and faith of Martin Luther King, Jr. in the quest for improved human relations;
- Be an advocate of equal justice and opportunity for all people;
- Live a life of service and be a positive role model for others.
For entry and nomination forms or for more information, individuals may contact the Student Activities Office at LFCC’s Middletown Campus at 540-868-7240 or email@example.com .