Middletown, VA – Seven LFCC Forensics Team members received awards at the Collegiate Forensics Association Tournament held in Ocean City, MD, on March 2nd and 3rd. As a team, LFCC placed 4th out of the 9 colleges and universities in attendance. The following individuals were recognized:
- David Jezierski – 2nd place in Persuasive Speaking, Best in Persuasive Speaking for the Year;
- Derek Thomas – 1st place in After Dinner Speaking, Runner-up for Best in After Dinner Speaking for the Year, 5th in Dramatic Duo, Runner-up for Best in Single Dramatic Interpretation for the Year
- Jim Rogers: 2nd place in Informative Speaking, Runner-up for Best in Informative Speaking for the Year;
- Chris Perry – 3rd in Dramatic Duo, 5th in Poetry;
- J.J. Dallmann – 3rd in Dramatic Duo;
- Debbie Baldwin – 3rd place in After Dinner Speaking, 4th place in Poetry, 5th place in Dramatic Duo;
- Stanley Lipinski – 6th place in Extemporaneous Speaking.
Members of the team (with their locality of residence) included Debbie Baldwin (Winchester), Anthony Coviello (Strasburg), J.J. Dallman, (Winchester), David Jezierski (Berryville), Stanley Lipinski (Middletown), Chris Perry (Stephens City), John Riggs (Woodstock), Jim Rogers (Front Royal), and Derek Thomas (Bluemont).
In addition to LFCC, participating schools included Alderson Broaddus College, UNC Charlotte, Fayetteville State University, Randolph Macon College, Bloomsburg University, Methodist University, Shepherd University, and Morgan State University.