Santorini Grill Opens in Berryville

After months of preparation and hard work,  Greek cuisine has returned to the Town of Berryville.

The Santorini Grill opened quietly on Friday in a traditional “soft opening” to allow staff to familiarize themselves with the menu and the new business. Owners Tom Diamantis and Constantine Tsatsos said despite the unadvertised opening, the restaurant had almost 400 patrons over the weekend. The new restaurant features a full Greek menu created by Tom and includes traditional fare such as gyros and moussaka as well as sweet treats like baklava.

The Santorini Grill is open seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m.

Comments

1. Can’t wait to try the gyros!

2. sumrbrez says:

I’m with you Winger! I love me a good gyro!

CDN Editor: As part of CDN’s editorial responsibility to our readers, this editor tried Santorini Grill’s chicken souvlaki sandwich with tzatziki for lunch. Most delicious!

3. sargewillis says:

Went there for dinner, friendly staff and good food can’t beat that!

4. Tried it this weekend and it was fine. Food was tastier than under the previous management, though the menu is pretty close to the previous one. Clean too. Hard to see the script on the inside menu, but that could just be me.

One suggestion only: Do not let hiring standards slip on the grill and especially behind the cash register.

• A Real Inside View says:

Boomer- that’s exactly why I asked the question about the same owners. I have heard that the same people from Konosos were somehow still involved with this. Wasn’t Konosos Greek as well? If the menu is the same, maybe that’s true. Either way, it doesn’t matter to me really, I liked it how it was and I like it how it is now. YUM! It’s nice to have something different in town.

• berryvilleguy says:

@Boomer and @A Real Inside View: The previous place was also of Greek fare, but this one is under completely new management and is actually run by Greeks who cook with authentic recipes and knowledge of the cuisine and not others who tried to portray themselves as Greek. I wish the new owners much success with their restaurant in the Berryville community! The Greek specialties are to die for. 🙂

• Stonebroke says:

Exactly! No cigarette smoking out front in view of customers and attempt to keep a neat appearance on staff. This will go a long way in the success of the business. I can’t stand going by a food business and seeing people standing outside puffing on a cig and then they go inside and prepare my food. McKenzies and Subway are the worst!

5. 4realgreek says:

The food here is awesome! Try the Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) it’s wonderful.

6. Bill Lukens says:

We tried the gyro platter and the regular gyro on Monday might. Both were quite good. The menu is almost word for word the same as Knossos. The Knossos is Leesburg was one of my favorite lunch spots for years. We would get group orders for the AFSS people at the airport.

I am glad to see a lot of improvements. The previous owners had let the standards slip a lot in the last few months before they went under, probably part of the problem. The Knossos in Winchester has also closed I think. I believe they were both operated by the same folks.

Good luck to The Santorini Grill, keep up the good work…