It’s finally happening! Clarke County will gather together to celebrate the ground breaking for the new Clarke County High School on July 24, 2010. CCPS has planned a slew of activities and treats around this historic event. We encourage everyone in Clarke County to attend and bring a shovel to show their support and enthusiasm for this milestone. The following are some highlights concerning the actual ceremony.
Location: Across from D. J. Cooley Elementary School in the field where the construction will start.
Parking: D. J. Cooley Elementary and the current high school – handicapped attendees will be accommodated.
- The first 250 attendees will receive a FREE commemorative tee-shirt!
- SODEXO is providing 500 individually wrapped cookies
- Schwan’s is providing ice cream for attendees.
- Over 500 bottles of water will be available for everyone (Courtesy of COSTCO and others).
- The ceremony should last about 30 minutes.
- There will be a Clarke County High School mascot and the cheerleaders and all clubs and athletic teams will be in attendance.
- The SCA will be providing balloons.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring their own shovels to help start the digging.
SPECIAL NOTE: Former Mayor, Rick Sponseller, will judge for the best adult and child’s decorated shovels. Get busy and decorate your shovels and bring them out for the Big Dig in Berryville. Prizes await the winners.